Baldoquin arrives & the Angels get back to normal …
After Thursday’s Will Ferrell extravaganza, the Angels could finally get back to normal on Friday … right?
“Billy Crystal‘s coming today, he’s going to play shortstop,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia joked.
Here’s the lineup on a day when most everyday players were off, as expected …
Collin Cowgill, CF
Efren Navarro, RF
Matt Joyce, DH
C.J. Cron, 1B
Chris Iannetta, C
Josh Rutledge, SS
Grant Green, 3B
Marc Krauss, LF
Alex Yarbrough, 2B
SP: RH Matt Shoemaker
- Roberto Baldoquin is finally in Arizona after getting all his visa issues in order and is expected to work out in Minor League camp when they start full workouts Saturday. Right on time, despite all the headaches.
- Joyce is back in the lineup after getting scratched on Thursday with some tightness in his hamstring. He missed two days earlier in camp with some soreness in his right side.
- Garrett Richards is slated to get off a mound and do some PFP work on Friday. His first Cactus League start is tentatively scheduled for March 23 against the Mariners. The 26-year-old right-hander will have to face hitters in a controlled environment before then, likely in the off day on Wednesday (along with Shoemaker).
- Joe Smith expects to make his Cactus League debut either Sunday or Monday. The Angels’ setup man typically only needs eight appearances to be ready for the regular season, so he has time.
- C.J. Wilson, scratched from his Thursday start after tweaking his left knee, is still on track to start Tuesday.
- Padres lineup here.