Game 53: Dodgers-Angels …
SP: RH Chris Capuano (1-3, 5.60 ERA)
Erick Aybar, SS
Mike Trout, CF
Albert Pujols, DH
Mark Trumbo, 1B
Josh Hamilton, RF
Howie Kendrick, 2B
Alberto Callaspo, 3B
Chris Iannetta, C
J.B. Shuck, LF
SP: RH Jered Weaver (0-1, 4.91 ERA)
- No word yet on who’s starting on Friday. Mike Scioscia said he’ll wait until after the game to announce it. Count on it being Tommy Hanson, with Jerome Williams pitching later in the week (perhaps to put Weaver on six days’ rest?)
- The Angels designated Mark Lowe for assignment in order to make room on the roster for Weaver. The move is rather surprising, considering Michael Kohn, Garrett Richards, Dane De La Rosa and Robert Coello can all be optioned. It’s an indication of how well the young guys are throwing.
- Hamilton’s back spasms, which prompted him to get scratched from the lineup on Tuesday, was only a scare. He’s back in the lineup today, feeling good enough — not 100 percent — to start in right field. He said he’s had this issue in the past, and it usually goes away in one or two days.
- Peter Bourjos ran the bases for the first time on Wednesday and could go out on a rehab assignment next week. He’s still a couple weeks away.
- Weaver is 5-2 with a 2.63 ERA in nine career starts against the Dodgers. The Angels are 72-27 all-time in home games started by Weaver.