Angels hire new PA announcer …
The Angels have hired Michael Araujo as their new public-address announcer for all 81 regular-season home games at Angel Stadium this year. Araujo, described as a life-long Angels fan, was one of three finalists who came out to Tempe Diablo Stadium to do the PA announcing for a Cactus League game early in the spring. Araujo takes over for long-time voice David Courtney, who passed away in November at age 56.
Here’s some information about Araujo …
- PA announcer for the Los Angeles Galaxy since 2002.
- Director of Academics at Learning Works Charter School in Pasadena since 1999.
- Lives in Rancho Cucamonga.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Has done six MLS Cup Finals (2012, ’11, ’08, ’05, ’04, ’03), the ’03 FIFA Women’s World Cup and the ’03 MLS All-Star Game.
- Other events announced: L.A. Clippers Annual Open Scrimmage, USA Soccer, Steve Forbes vs. Oscar De La Hoya boxing match, VH-1 Battle of the High School Marching Bands, Jeremy McGrath Invitational and NBA-E League.