Game 105: Angels-Rangers …
Pitching: RH Garrett Richards (3-2, 3.91 ERA)
Pitching: RH Yu Darvish (11-7, 4.05 ERA)
Some pregame notes …
- It was about 106 degrees when I got to the ballpark this afternoon (yes, even hotter than yesterday). The Angels hit outside, but their pregame was limited, and Richards will probably do his pregame bullpen session inside, just like Jered Weaver did on Tuesday.
- No further clarity about Scott Downs (strained left shoulder). The medical team will be huddling up today to determine the best course of action, but surgery is not being considered. “I haven’t heard it ruled in,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. “That didn’t come up.” “I think Downs feels really good at his prognosis,” Scioscia added.
- Erick Aybar (fractured right toe) took BP on the field for the first time on Wednesday and moved laterally while fielding ground balls. He’s on track to return Monday.
- Jordan Walden (neck and right biceps) backed his throwing up to about 130 feet and said it “went well,” but isn’t sure when he can throw a bullpen session. He’ll probably need to go on a rehab assignment when he’s ready.
- Dan Haren (right side) will throw a bullpen session tomorrow.