Game 90: Angels-Tigers …
Pitching: RH Ervin Santana (4-9, 5.75 ERA)
Pitching: RH Rick Porcello (6-5, 4.47 ERA)
Some pregame notes …
- The Angels haven’t made a formal announcement on their Tuesday starter yet, but plan on it being Garrett Richards.
- Chris Iannetta (right forearm strain) threw to bases today. Mike Scioscia said he “definitely took a step forward” but will have to repeat the workout before seeing when he’s ready to go out there and feel comfortable enough for a rehab assignment. “He had a good workout today, he’s just not quite where he needs to be.”
- Vernon Wells (thumb surgery) worked out again today and could get on a rehab assignment, probably 7-10 games, by this weekend.
- And this could be a very big week with regards to the Angels’ pursuit of a starting pitcher.
Some Angels.com links from Sunday …
- Bullpen almost blows it, but Angels escape Bronx with win
- Notebook, on Ernesto Frieri giving up his first run, Jordan Walden landing on the DL, Dan Haren‘s rehab, Hunter’s status, etc.
- Bloom: Angels facing fight to the finish in the AL
- Preview, on the Santana-Porcello matchup
Some AL West links …
- Rangers Inbox, on the pursuit for a starting pitcher and other stuff
- Mariners’ offense comes up empty against Matt Harrison
- A’s sweep Twins and are in contention (at least for now)
And Chris Bosh expects his role to change given the Heat’s new acquisitions.