Game 81: Indians-Angels …
Pitching: RH Dan Haren (6-7, 4.53 ERA)
Pitching: RH Zach McAllister (2-1, 3.82 ERA)
Some pregame notes …
- Trout (right pinkie) and Pujols (left shoulder) are basically game-time decisions. As long as they get out of BP OK, they’ll be in there.
- In case you hadn’t noticed, Game 81 marks the midway point of the Angels’ season. And Cleveland marks their lowest point, when they tied a franchise-worst 16-20 start, released Bobby Abreu, called up Trout and rolled — posting what is now the best record in the Majors (39-21) ever since. More on that later.
- Ernesto Frieri is currently fourth among AL Final Vote candidates. Yu Darvish leads (shocker!), followed respectively by Jason Hammel, Jake Peavy, Frieri and Jonathan Broxton.
- In case you hadn’t noticed, Jered Weaver (2.13) now has the lowest ERA in the AL. All-Star Game starter a second straight time? Quite possible. More on that later, too.
Some Angels.com links from Monday …
- Weaver spins a gem; Angels win
- Notebook, on Trout’s pinkie, Pujols’ HR Derby request, Jordan Walden and other stuff
- Frieri ‘honored’ to be a Final Vote candidate
- Preview, on the Haren-McAllister matchup
Some AL West links …
- Lyle: Adrian Beltre overcomes
- Casper Wells delivers key hit for Mariners
- Backed by homers, Jarrod Parker cruises
And Ray Allen is set to visit with the Heat. I hope they get him.