Game 76: Blue Jays-Angels
Greetings from Toronto, where the Angels will look to build on a three-game winning streak, capture their 14th road victory in their last 15 games and (no doubt) drink milk out of a bag …
Pitching: RH Dan Haren (5-7, 4.24 ERA)
Blue Jays (38-37)
Pitching: LH Brett Cecil (1-0, 2.45 ERA)
Some pregame notes …
- Vernon Wells (thumb surgery) will get back into baseball activities next week, with the hope of going out on a rehab assignment shortly after the All-Star break. Where/when will he play when he gets healthy? “I can’t worry about that right now. I just have to focus on getting healthy.”
- Mike Scioscia hinted pregame that the Angels’ lack of depth at the Triple-A level could push Garrett Richards (able to be sent down) back to the Minor Leagues when Jerome Williams (out of options) is ready to return. Putting Williams in the ‘pen, he said, just sacrifices their starting-pitching depth even further.
- While going 13-1 in their last 14 road games, the Angels have outscored opponents, 81-37. This marks just the fourth time in club history that they’ve won 13 of 14 road games.
Some Angels links from Wednesday …
- Trout’s catch highlights victory over O’s
- Jeff Trout marvels at his son’s catch
- Richard Justice: Trout brings something special to Angels
- Notebook, on Bourjos adjusting to his role, Haren’s velocity and Chris Iannetta‘s progress
Some AL West links …
- David Murphy homers twice as Rangers win
- Eric Wedge seeking consistency from Brandon League
- Pair of homers propel A’s to series win
And the Heat might be thinking small in the upcoming Draft.