Game 64: Dodgers-Angels …
Angels are going for their 11th straight road win tonight, which would tie a franchise record set in 1988. A win would also give a series win in 12 of their last 13 Interleague Series and would move them to 47-27 against the Dodgers since Mike Scioscia (who will be ironically honored with his own bobblehead on Tuesday) took over as their manager.
Some pregame notes …
- In need of length after their bullpen accounted for 11 innings in their previous three games, the Angels selected the contract of RHP David Pauley. Kole Calhoun was optioned to open a spot on the active roster and Vernon Wells (thumb surgery) was transferred to the 60-day DL to create room on the 40-man.
- Jered Weaver threw an aggressive, 55-pitch bullpen on Tuesday and felt good. Next up is likely a sim game on Friday, setting him up for a return at some point next week.
- Bobby Wilson (concussion) will play in a rehab game for Class A Inland Empire on Wednesday and expects to be activated Friday.
- Ryan Langerhans (separated right shoulder) has been throwing and hitting in the cage. He’ll hit on the field Friday and Saturday and should return (to the Minors) shortly after that.
- Tuesday marks the second time Morales plays 1B and Pujols is at 3B this season.
Some Angels.com links …
- Trout’s star rises in Hollywood
- Notebook, on Weaver, Scioscia’s bobblehead and Santana’s struggles
- Abreu holds no grudge against Angels
- Trout, Torii named co-Players of the Week
Some AL West links …
- Rangers’ Alexi Ogando goes on DL with groin strain
- Kevin Millwood‘s Thursday start is in doubt
- Yoenis Cespedes, Josh Reddick in need of ASG votes
And LeBron James gets his chance for redemption tonight.