Game 39: White Sox-Angels …
White Sox (17-21)
Pitching: RH Chris Sale (3-2, 3.08 ERA)
Pitching: LH C.J. Wilson (4-3, 3.42 ERA)
Some pregame notes …
- Pujols has driven in 12 runs in his last 10 games, after driving in just five runs in his previous 27.
- Last night was the first time manager Mike Scioscia trotted out the same lineup on consecutive days all season.
- Callaspo has six multi-hit games in his last 10. Scioscia, on the platoon (of sorts) between Callaspo and Izturis, which has been working for him a lot better: “It’s primarily on-base percentage what we’re looking for. In that 2-hole, when you look statistically, Howie’s been really comfortable hitting in an RBI situation, whether it’s fifth or sixth, and in the 2-hole, he’s maybe not as comfortable, statistically. … I think the options we have for on-base percentage, with Mike Trout leading off, for the 2-hole, the best options we have is Izturis and Callaspo. … It hasn’t shown up yet, but I think if you look at what the top of the lineups have done, we are creating more situations.”
- The Angels are 16-4 when scoring four runs or more and 1-17 when scoring three or fewer.
- The Angels have gone five straight games (51 straight innings) without an error.
Some Angels links from Wednesday …
- Pujols goes deep to back Jerome Williams’ strong start
- Jim Eppard suited to hit ground running
- Scioscia, players react to Mickey Hatcher‘s dismissal
- Wilson looks to make it three in a row for Angels
Some AL West links …
- Yu Darvish impressive vs. A’s
- Dustin Ackley‘s homer can’t save Felix Hernandez
- Brandon Inge to the DL with groin strain
And the Heat’s supporting cast will have to step up today.