Game 5: Angels-Twins …
Some notes from this morning …
- Tough news for Michael Kohn, who had a couple of setbacks with a right forearm strain and was visiting Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday: He’ll undergo Tommy John surgery; 12-month recovery.
- Jerome Williams is here, after having a solid final rehab outing. Nothing definite yet from Mike Scioscia, but it looks like he’ll get the ball at Yankee Stadium on Sunday if his bullpen session goes well tomorrow.
- No Mark Trumbo at third base today. He’s expected to get the nod Thursday, against lefty Francisco Liriano. Scioscia is riding Callaspo’s good career numbers vs. Pavano (.364 BA, 2 HRs, 8 RBIs in 33 ABs).
Some game notes, courtesy of Angels PR …
- The Angels haven’t been better than 2-2 through the first four games of a season since 2008 (3-1).
- Angels currently hold a .318 BA with 12 doubles, five triples and 10 HRs off Pavano.
- Halos have won six of their last eight vs. Minnesota.
- On this date in club history … Mark Langston and Mike Witt combined for a no-hitter against the Mariners (1990); the Angels collected their first ever victory in their inaugural game, 7-2, in Baltimore (1961). … Poor O’s.
Some links from Monday and Tuesday …
- Mark Trumbo and Third Base: Match made in Heaven?
- C.J. Wilson sharp in debut as Angels top Twins
- Weaver looking to keep Twins winless
- Kohn to get second opinion on forearm by Dr. Andrews
- Ex-Angel Vladimir Guerrero charged for assault in Dominican
- Protecting Pujols a priority for Angels
- Torii honored by Twins in pregame ceremony
- Nick Adenhart still in Weaver’s thoughts
Some AL West links …
- Ian Kinsler, Rangers finalize extension
- Blake Beavan comes up short in duel vs Rangers
- A’s reliever Joey Devine to undergo second Tommy John
And the Heat were outplayed by the Celtics for the second straight time — this time at home.