Game 24: Rockies-Angels …
Others pitching: Hisanori Takahashi, Jordan Walden. … Jerome Williams will make spring debut in AAA game at the Athletics’ facility in Phoenix. … There will also be a Minor League intrasquad game later tonight at Tempe Diablo.
Some notes from this morning …
- Mike Trout (shoulder tendinitis) was cleared by doctors to start throwing again. He lightly tossed this morning and will DH in a Minor League game, but is 10 days to two weeks away from playing the outfield.
- Bobby Cassevah (slight labrum tear) will throw a 30-minute bullpen session today and hopes to get in a sim game later in the week. He’s still hoping to avoid a DL stint to start the year.
- Michael Kohn, who had thrown five scoreless innings so far this spring, has some tenderness in his forearm and will be shut down for a couple of days.
- Monday was Brad Mills‘ day to throw, but he was pushed back a day, just for scheduling purposes. He’ll start against the Giants in Scottsdale, with Jered Weaver pitching in a Minor League game.
Some links from Sunday …
- Wells ready to live up to high expectations
- Pujols’ homers foreshadows AL West race
- Kendrys feels strong after three straight starts
- Trumbo comfortable while bouncing around
- Jason Isringhausenhits rough patch vs Rangers
- Pujols, Jorge Cantu go deep as Angels beat Rangers
Some AL West links …
- Yu Darvish increases pitch count in intrasquad game
- A’s see 2012 as beginning of steady rise
- Back home, Ichiro Suzuki‘s presence looms large
And the Heat lost a tough one to the Thunder on Sunday, in what can very well be an NBA Finals matchup — 103-87.